The Waverton Hub is a mutual organisation of residents of Waverton, Wollstonecraft and neighbouring areas in Sydney. As we grow older, we members of the Hub are helping each other to enjoy our lives, stay in our own homes for as long as we can, to be as healthy as we can, and achieve all this for as little cost as possible.
About a dozen of us started the organisation from scratch in late 2012. We opened for membership in August 2013 with a program of activities and by the end of April 2015 had over 300 members. Around 80 members are working on continuing to build the Hub, setting up systems, and designing and leading activities and events.
Activities include (but are not limited to)
- local and out of area walks( every Monday);
- TaiChi (every Tuesday) ;
- Iyengar yoga;
- stretch petanque/boules ;
- wine appreciation;
- games afternoon;
- program of speakers;
- investment group;
- transport to shops, social /cultural events ( Sculpture by the Sea, Ensemble Theatre, Cremorne Theatre) ;
- Computer training and Computing Q and A sessions in local cafe;
- art classes( at Coal Loader );
- morning and afternoon teas and neighbourhood gatherings in our own homes and at local cafes; zumba.
Email: [email protected]
Phone voicemail message on (02) 9955 6279
Post: The Hub, 75 Bay Road, Waverton, NSW 2060.